What is required for using the service?
- Webcam/mikrophone: Most laptops come equipped with a webcam and microphone. You might have to activate them or install drivers. Windows 10 users might have to allow their browser to access camera and microphone. You can also use an external camera or micprohone connected to your computer.
- Client: Jitsi Meet can be used with a recent web browser (Chrome version 73 or Firefox version 76), no specific client software is required on desktop/laptop computers. The service can be used on mobile phones or tablets with the Jitsi-Meet-App. On desktopfür computers, there's a Jitsi-Desktop-App favailable.
The following ports must be enabled for outgoing connections so that you can use Jitsi on your device:
- 80 (HTTP, forwarding to HTTPS)
- 443 (HTTPS)
- 4443 (fallback for HTTPS)
- 10000 (fallback for WebRTC-based audio and video connections, if UDP is blocked)
- 10000 (WebRTC-based audio and video connections)
Also make sure that the following servers with their IP addresses for the Jitsi instance at TU Dresden are reachable from your device:
- Jitsi server
- meet.cert.tu-dresden.de / 188.8.131.52
- jvb1.cert.tu-dresden.de / 184.108.40.206
- jvb2.cert.tu-dresden.de / 220.127.116.11
- jvb3.cert.tu-dresden.de / 18.104.22.168